Saturday, August 28, 2004

The Year I Was Born





In 1953 (the year you were born)


Dwight Eisenhower becomes president of the US


President Eisenhower announces that he has given France $60 million for the Indochina War


Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norkay reach the top of Mt. Everest


Julius and Ethel Rosenburg are executed by electrocution at Sing Sing


The Korean War ends in stalemate


The first color television sets go on sale for about $1,175


Ron Jeremy, Tony Blair, Pierce Brosnan, and Kim Basinger are born


New York Yankees win the World Series


Detroit Lions Win the NFL Champtionship


Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup


Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is published


Elvis Presley records for the first time


68% of all United States television sets were tune in to I Love Lucy to watch Lucy give birth



What Happened the Year You Were Born?


More cool things for your blog at
Blogthings

This is something I could never post over on my AOL blogs because it's a table, and that's one bit of html code AOL doesn't allow in journal entries. That's one reason I'm going to start limiting the AOL Cyber Chocolate to memes and links and short (1-3 sentences) snatches of my life, and everything else that doesn't fit one of my other blogs will go here.

The other reasons? I can edit the template as much as I want/can figure out. By changing the point size of the font in the template, I don't have to change it for the entries. I can save a post as a draft and work on it until it's done. So, expect this blog to get a bit busier in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:30 PM

    Hi Shelly - Thanks for the "Year you were born" link. I enjoyed the site it took me to. Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!