Friday, January 24, 2020

Movies I Saw in 2019


I meant to post this weeks ago, but I've really upped my procrastinator game in recent years.

I didn't get to a theater much last year, just twice. I saw Avengers: Endgame and Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker and loved them both.

Seen on TV:

  • Crazy Rich Asians: I haven't watched rom-coms in years, but this was so well-reviewed, I gave it a try and loved it.
  • One Upon a Deadpool: I ended up watching the PG version, with all the f-bombs bleeped. It was actually funny that way, including interludes/explanations of things they couldn't show.
  • The Wife: Glenn Close is mesmerizing in this.
  • First Man: Fictional account of Neil Armstrong becoming the first man to set foot on the moon. Riveting. 
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story: A lot of people didn't like this movie about Han Solo's early years, but I thought it was fun. Plus, Alden Ehrenreich was delightful as Han and Donald Glover was great as Lando.
  • On the Basis of Sex: Felicity Jones is masterful playing Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
  • Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Gindelwald: A nice follow-up to the first one, a bit more suspenseful, as middle-of-trilogy movies should be.
  • Ugly Dolls: A totally charming, animated movie about the Ugly Doll toys.
  • Can You Ever Forgive Me: Based on a true story, this starred Melissa McCarthy as a writer-turned-forger. She proves she's not just funny, but a talented actress.


~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!