Sunday, January 14, 2018

High School


I saw this questionnaire on Facebook.

What year? Class of...1970

1. Did you know your current partner? No

2. Make of your car? None. I didn't, and still don't, drive. My father drove a station wagon.

3. What kind of job did you have? None

4. Were you a party animal? No

5. Were you in Choir and/or school band? No. And you wouldn't want to hear me sing.

6. Ever get suspended from school? No

7. If you could go back, would you? Maybe a do-over would be nice. If I could be young again but retain the wisdom and knowledge I've gained in the years since. It's a matter of "if I knew then what I know now" sort of thing.

8. Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? Didn't go to prom. I don't even remember if there was one. I suppose there must have been.

9. Did you skip school? No

10. Go to all the football games? No, didn't go to any.

11. What was your favorite class? It's hard to pick just one. We had to take a semester of Speech and the teacher made that a lot of fun. A few other English teachers made their classes fun, too. The time we wrote song parodies (filking, though I didn't know that word back then) for Return of the Native was one such time.

12. Do you still have your yearbooks? Yup. Also my junior high yearbook. I'm a saver of things.

13. Did you follow the career path you imagined? No, because I really didn't have one. I didn't figure out what I wanted until after I quit my first round of grad school. In high school, I figured I'd go on to college and figure it out then.
I loved what I ended up studying -- psych -- but realized I didn't want to work in that field.
~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!