Tonight is David Letterman's last show. From the short-lived morning show, through Late Night on NBC and Late Show on CBS, Dave has been influencing comedians and entertaining people, myself included, for 33 plus year on TV. I'm having a difficult time imaging not having him in my life. Here are some of my favorite interviews with and tributes to him, so far.
- Seth Myers
- Jimmy Kimmel's on-air tribute
- Best Musical Performances on Letterman's Show
- Impromptu Performance of "You've Lost that Lovin' Feeling"
- The First Late Night Show
- Jon Stewart
- Jimmy Fallon's on-air tribute
- Late Show Retrospective
- Jimmy Kimmel
- Dave on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show
- Norm Macdonald
- The folks who make the show comment
- Rolling Stone interview
I am going to miss his show more than I can say. I love Stephen Colbert, who is taking over the timeslot in September, but there is and will never be anyone like Dave. Here's to Stephen Colbert! May he make his own, lasting mark on late night TV, as himself, not as his Comedy Central character. And here's to David Letterman, for all the laughs, all the tears, and all the thoughtful conversations.