Friday, April 25, 2014

Just Another Friday


I'm really tired today, due, no doubt, to getting up really early most of the week to go out taking photos of the giant eggs for the Faberge Big Egg Hunt. Here are my results. I didn't get pics of all the eggs, but I came fairly close.

Rockefeller Center
~~o0o~~

I collect business cards, the only thing I collect that doesn't cost me anything. I don't really collect them anymore, unless I find ones that are amazing. I'd gladly keep any of these cool ones if I could get them.

~~o0o~~

The current threat to Net Neutrality is no joke. The internet as we know it might soon be over.

~~o0o~~

A friend and I tried to get into the New York State Pavilion during the open house at the old New York World's Fair grounds, now Flushing Meadow-Corona Park, but they got way more people than they expected and the line was too long. So we just snapped photos from outside. Here's an article on Andy Warhol's controversial exhibit at the pavilion for a bit of World's Fair history.

NYS Pavilion
The world is a very different place from the one where global fairs were commonplace, but I do miss having a World's Fair to visit. For me, it was the ultimate amusement park and I hope they can at least get the funds to restore this magnificent piece of architecture. Then again, I miss Freedomland, too. Hard for me to believe it was only around for five years.

~~o0o~~

Not sure why I feel the need to share this, but here are some of my worst Scrabble hands: EEEEEII, IIIIIIR, and IIIIRRR. I dare anyone to beat these for worst. The odds for a Scrabble Bingo go way down with hands like these. ;)


~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!