Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Some Things Occupying My Time


With the bone-chilling cold, snow, and waiting for repair folks, it's been a long week or so. I've spent a lot of time reading. With the 4th season of "Game of Thrones" set to start on April 6, I wanted to be sure to have the 3rd book in the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series read, and I made it! I am now ready for the big surprises in the show, as I much prefer to read before seeing adaptations, not the other way 'round. Only now it seems parts of book 4 will also be included in the show, so I had to start reading that.

A Game of Thrones, Season 4: A Foreshadowing includes clips and cast members answering questions. And this site has a nifty map of the realm.

Another favorite show is nearing its endgame. This article about "How I Met Your Mother" includes a clip that no matter how many times I've watched it has me tearing up.

Coca Cola's now-famous Super Bowl commercial has been parodied, with a few languages Coke neglected to include.

Not everything on my mind is TV-related. I've been keeping track of the continuing assault on women's rights, especially women's reproductive rights. This recent attack on abortion rights in Iowa could have chilling repercussions if it succeeds.


~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!