Monday, January 06, 2014

Same Old Same Old


So far, this year has been rather boring. The weather has pretty much sucked, so I've hunkered down and when I hunker down, I don't get out to find new chocolate to buy, eat, and write about. I could spend the time looking for tasty links to share, but to be honest, I've been lazy, too.

Looking back to 2013, I didn't see as many movies as I'd wanted, but I did see more than I thought. To review, I saw the following last year:

  • Silver Linings Playbook (Loved it!)
  • Les Miserables (Somewhat disappointing, and whoever thought Russell Crowe could sing was wrong. Very wrong.)
  • 42 -- Excellent fictionalized version of how Jackie Robinson integrated major league baseball.
  • Iron Man 3 (Much fun. Robert Downey, Jr. can still bring it!)
  • Star Trek Into Darkness (Saw it twice. Loved it both times.)
  • Much Ado About Nothing (A little something Joss Whedon whipped up in his home with some friends. Very enjoyable, with a delightful cast. And it was nice seeing Whedon's house.)
  • Blue Jasmine (Quite good. A solid character study of a woman falling apart.)
  • Thor: The Dark World (I enjoyed the first one, but this was better now that we're past the origin aspect of the first film. And Tom Hiddleston as Loki is worth the admission price alone.)
  • Catching Fire (The sequel to The Hunger Games. Nicely done, a good adaptation of the book.)
  • The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (I never read the book, so I've been enjoying these without reservation.)
  • American Hustle (Great movie. Great cast. Nuff said.)




~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!