Thursday, December 05, 2013

Kinda Sorta Busy


What a week it's been! And yet, nothing exciting. Well, somewhat exciting for us. We finally got our new refrigerator. It's been a couple of months since our old one decided to no longer do its job, especially the freezing of food in the freezer section. And once the new one came, it had to be filled, so that was kinda exciting. I got a pint of Haagen Dazs Chocolate Gelato to try, so I'll report on that soonish.

We also went to a Peter Noone/Herman's Hermits concert on Sunday, which was nice. He's always fun.

And we had a mostly quiet Thanksgiving and Chanukah. And that pretty much sums up the week.

Chanukah Menorah



~~~o0o~~~

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Herman's Hermits! Are they really still going? I can remember them appearing in pantomime in Gloucester over forty years ago. There again someof these entertainers go on forever. Bob Dylan was in Prague the last year I worked there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are actually 2 Herman's Hermits groups. Peter Noone and his band perform mostly in the US and his former bandmates perform in the UK and I think elsewhere in Europe as Herman's Hermits, too. It was a legal compromise. Peter Noone's daughter Natalie is a talented singer/musician based in Nashville.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous5:34 PM

    Apologies! I think I confused Herman and the Hermits with Freddie and the Dreamers! Thank you for the interesting information though. I hear New York is going to get hit by heavy snow. I hope no problems for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem. Freddie and the Dreamers! I loved them, too. Peter Noone usually does one of their songs in his show (he does a lot of songs by his favorite groups of the '60s), usually "I'm Telling You Now."

      Delete
  3. And not much snow in NYC. Only a few inches.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!