Saturday, September 07, 2013

Lip Smacking Good


I was wandering around the theater district yesterday, taking advantage of an absolutely gorgeous day, one with a deep blue sky and crisp, cool, late summer air, just looking around and taking pictures, when I started getting a bit hungry. Thinking I could get a marble pound loaf from Starbucks, one of my addictions, I was looking for a Starbucks, which is usually not difficult to find, when I spotted a place called Schmackary's, with a giant cookie on the sign. Intrigued, I went in.

The menu extends beyond cookies, to my delight. I wasn't very hungry, so I passed on the malted, but I did try a classic chocolate chip cookie. I can happily report that it was a chocolicious delight. A bit crunchy, a bit chewy, a bit salty, and very chocolatey. As you can see in the photos below, the cookie was loading with yummy chocolate chips. I will definitely be going back.

They sell coffee beans, tee-shirts, and mugs online, but no cookies, sorry. But if you're in NYC, especially the theater district, head west on 45th Street, and before you reach 9th Avenue, you'll be in cookie heaven.

Schmackary's on West 45th Street, NY, NY
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookie

Chocolicious!



~~~o0o~~~