Monday, May 06, 2013

Chocolate in the City


A couple of friends and I went walking around Brooklyn on Friday, in the Red Hook neighborhood, where we had a chocolicious encounter with Baked, a bakery with a penchant for wondrous chocolate concoctions. I had a Brookster, which is a chocolate chip cookie brownie, and had a taste of a chocolate cloud cookie. Both were very yummy, with the cloud cookie lighter and airier, but just as chocolicious. There was seating and they serve some beverages as well as wraps and a couple of sandwiches if you want something more substantial besides yummy desserts.

Brookster from Baked
I brought home a couple of brownies -- more on them, later! -- and as we moved into another Brooklyn neighborhood, we stopped off at another bakery called Bien Cuit, which has a Greenwich Village shop as well as the one on Smith Street in Brooklyn and offer breads as well as dessert fare. But I'll save that for my next post, mostly because I need to have new things to blog about. ;)

If you're ever in Brooklyn, give these bakeries a try. You won't regret it.


~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!