Saturday, September 22, 2012

Varsano's Chocolate


I wandered around Greenwich Village yesterday, taking photos, and came upon a chocolate shop new to me, Varsanos Chocolates. The window display caught my eye, and when I entered, I was hit smack in my sweet tooth by the heady aroma of quality chocolate.

Varsano's Chocolate
I bought a sampling of a couple of cocoa balls, a couple of rum balls, and a couple of mousse balls. While chatting with the guy who I assume is the owner, he offered me a dark chocolate covered pretzel to try and it was amazing. This is seriously good chocolate. I don't know how I failed to know about this place until now.

Chocolate Goodness
I am happy to report that I've now tasted all three of my sample chocolate balls and they are wonderful. The chocolate has a rich flavor (I only got dark chocolate) and the consistency is nice and creamy. The mousse filling could have been thicker for my taste, but that's a minor quibble. I'll definitely be making a return visit. Many of them.

Feeling: happy

~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!