Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Rainy Day Play


When I was a kid, I had a Little Golden Book called The Rainy Day Play Book. My mother gave away my kid books to a friend of hers with younger kids, but a few years ago, when I first got an eBay account, I searched for all my favorite Little Golden Books from childhood and eventually found them all!
Rainy Day Play Book
Today is one of those nasty, rainy days -- the second thunderstorm of the day is moving through now -- the sort that makes me glad I'm retired so I can stay home.

Thunderstorm over Manhattan

Thunderstorm Approaching Queens
So, what to do? I decided to play with dolls!

Angelica watches the rain.


Feeling: mellow

~~~o0o~~~

2 comments:

  1. I used to love rainy days as a kid. I still do. That book seems like a cozy read. Little Golden Books were lots of fun. Fantastic that you found all your faves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to like walking in the rain, but not storms. Just drizzly days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!