Sunday, January 15, 2012

Concert Night


Hubby and I saw Don McLean and Burton Cummings in concert last night. Don McLean is one of my favorite singers (and songwriter) and I love seeing him in concert. For one song, it was just him singing and strumming his guitar, which is a nice reminder that a good song doesn't need a band and it doesn't need augmentation or pyrotechnics. And at one point, being that I was close enough and had an unobstructed view of the stage, I'm sure Don looked over at me and smiled as I was singing along to "American Pie." (There's actually a site dedicated to this song.) Ah......

Don McLean


The second act was Burton Cummings of The Guess Who. This was the first time we saw him and I gotta say, the man sure sweats a lot. He went through a couple of towels as he toweled off after each song. He really threw himself into his music and put on a good show. I'd forgotten how much I loved some of his songs, especially "These Eyes."

Burton Cummings


Feeling: mellow

~~~o0o~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!