Saturday, June 12, 2010

Civic Duty


So I've got this jury duty thing going on. It was a call-in standby situation that turned into a report to the jury room on Thursday and has morphed into report to court on Monday to be considered for a violent crime case. Oh joy. If things continue on this path, I'll be on that jury. Not good timing for work, but then, it's never good timing for work. I don't suppose they'd be willing to dismiss me and wait for me to retire when I can serve anytime they want.

Feeling: stressed


~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. I've always thought it would be interesting to be called for jury duty, but I guess I'd better be careful what I wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been called a few times, but never got on a case. I'm hoping I don't have to be on a case this time. We're so short staffed and there might be layoffs in a couple of weeks. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!