Saturday, May 22, 2010

Honoring a Fallen Comrade


Honoring a Fallen Comrade
Originally uploaded by ShellyS.
I've been a bit bummed since yesterday, which is taking the thrill out of my vacation, which commenced at 2:00 p.m. today. Yesterday, a number of us on flickr who take pics of toys learned that one of us had died. It was sudden, he was young (in his 30s), and even though I knew him only via the comments we left on each other's photos, and maybe a flickr message or two, I counted him among my friends. And I learned that the death of an online friend can hurt. A cloud of sadness has settled over me and over the corner of the flickrverse where toy photographers gather.

Among the toys he took pics of were Star Wars stormtroopers, so I did this tribute pic with a few of my stormies. RIP, JT. And I hope they have lots of toys and barbecues where you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!