Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Turning Off Anonymous Commenting

I really hate doing this. One reason I moderate comments here is to allow anonymous commenting, but the amount of anonymous spam the last week or so is driving me nuts. I even turned of comments on an individual post from a couple of years ago that was getting the bulk of it, so now the comments are showing up for other older posts and I can't keep turning off comments on a post-by-post basis. It's just too time-consuming and tedious. So as of today, you'll need either a Blogger account or Open ID. Sorry.

Feeling: sad

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

3 comments:

  1. I already moderate comments, but mostly, it's been spam and on old posts. It's just so annoying. I might give it some time, then try allowing anonymous comments again in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear you're being hit with it too but I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I thought perhaps it was a troll trying to annoy me. I guess I can stop being paranoid of that! hahahaha. I haven't had a ton - yet - so I'm leaving things as is but if it gets worse, sadly I will go the way of you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, Robbie. No, you're not paranoid. ;)

    It hasn't been an unmanageable amount, but it has been increasing a bit each day, so I thought it time to take a break from anonymous comments. It's always a shame when one or two jerks ruin things for everyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!