Sunday, August 09, 2009

Reunion

IMG_6482
I blogged before about having reunions with friends from school. Today, one of them (W) and I met up with 2 other old friends we'd lost touch with (A and S). A and I had been friends since 2nd grade. We lived around the corner from each other. The last I saw her was at my wedding in 1985.

So there the 4 of us were in the diner pictured to the left, looking nearly the same now as way back then, catching up, having fun. After lunch, A had to stop in to visit her parents who still live in the house she grew up in, so the rest of us went along and it was amazing how much her mother remembered about us.

We plan to do this again. I hope so. It's nice when you find you can go back, and I think for me, it worked because I left behind any lingering emotional baggage from the past. By not having so much invested emotionally in success, I can enjoy it and the friendships for what they are and not put anything more on them than is there. It's about reconnecting and having fun. I can't find fault with that.


Feeling: happy

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!