Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Weekend of Matinees

A friend and I went to Paul Taylor Dance Company's matinees yesterday and today. This afternoon was the last New York performance of Lisa Viola who is retiring after this season. Many bouquets of roses were tossed on stage at the final curtain call. She was fun to watch, an amazing dancer with such energy and personality. I'll miss seeing her. She and the rest of the company were in fine form today and yesterday (two of the dances we saw each day were the same), with everyone really dancing well and looking comfortable on stage, even the "rookies." This is my annual encounter with "high culture." My friend and I have been going to see Paul Taylor's company for more than 25 years now. Wow. Now that's a commitment! ;)

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!