Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fun at the Museum

IMG_8442 Spent yesterday touring the American Museum of Natural History here in NYC, taking pics (with duckies and action figures and other toys), then went to dinner. The museum was very crowded with lots of families and their little kids, but we managed to see a large portion of the exhibits and took a lot of photos. We'd chosen the museum because we figured an indoor activity would be best for this time of year, but it was rather warm out. I was also surprised we didn't get more stares from folks when we pulled out our rubber ducks than we did, but a few kids noticed and seemed interested. I used to go there a lot when I was a kid, with my family and also, with my school classes, but this was the first time I'd been there in many years. So much had been changed, but a lot was still the same, bringing back memories. I hope those kids I saw there yesterday are making memories of their own connected to the museum. It's a special place.

I'm Behind You 1000 Percent, Duck Vader!Today, was work. A mostly quiet day I would have preferred to spend catching up on my sleep. Here's a pic from the Planetarium side of the museum, with a Star Wars stormtrooper and Duck Vader. I swear Duck Vader looks like a coffee pot from a distance. And the stormtrooper is trying to pour him.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!