Thursday, November 15, 2007

Categorically Speaking

I went and added labels to some of the oldest posts on this blog. I'd forgotten how those posts were more serious and longer than what I generally post here now, but that was before I had the other blogs for politics and books and comics. I'm sure I've caused some consternation for those of you reading via feedreaders. At least, I think reposting occurs. I'm not sure. So, if that does happen, I'm sorry.

However, I want to keep going, but it's gonna be slow. Blogger keeps popping me back to the main post screen (ie, the most recent ones) after I add one category to a group of posts and I have to go back to do others or even to add a second label to a post. And I've got 1469 posts (well, 1470 with this one), most of which pre-date the categories/labels feature, so there are a lot to do.

Is this causing problems for anyone? Does anyone think I'm nuts for trying to do this? Anyone care to cheer me on?

I'll be hitting my other blogs, too. Oy vey.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

4 comments:

  1. This is the only entry that popped into my Bloglines. I want to 'organize' my old stuff too - someday. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input, Robbie and LadyB. It's been fun looking at some of the old posts. I'd forgotten most of them!

    I just wish Blogger wouldn't keep reverting to the newest posts on the Edit Posts area after every new label I add to posts on the older pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been labeling my old posts, too, and while I can't fix the relocating issue, I can say that so far the most efficient way for me to label has been to use the search box for a term connected to a label - like searching for the word "lobby" which gathers together a bunch of the posts that I'm likely to label "theater."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea, Leta. I'll see if I can make it work for me. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!