Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bits and Pieces from My Overheated Brain

Yes, the summer bake-off season has started. It's like an oven outside, except there's humidity, too.

~~~@@@~~~

So, WCBS-FM 101.1, New York's Oldies station for 30 years til they abruptly dumped the format 2 years ago for the Jack format and fired all the DJs, is returning to an oldies format. And while I'm happy and applaud the move and feel vindicated because I couldn't see Jack succeeding here and because New York radio is as much about the on-air voices as it is about the music, I also won't be listening.

I had to find another station two years ago. I use the radio as my alarm every morning. And I found Jim Kerr at WAXQ-104.3. I'd heard him previously on other stations and really like him. In two years, I've grown accustomed to waking up to his voice and I've learned to love the other jocks there. I also love the music, much of which overlaps what CBS had played, mainly hits from the '70s and '80s. Even songs from the '60s get played, mainly songs from the Beatles and Rolling Stones.

So, while I'm thrilled New York City is getting its oldies station back, I won't be listening. It's just a bit too little too late. I don't mean to be ungrateful, but I like what I'm listening to. And until I stop liking it or until WAXQ changes its format to one I don't like, that's where my radio dial will be tuned.

~~~@@@~~~

Meanwhile, I bought a calendar and plan to buy others solely to use as backdrops for photos with action figures. I got Tuscany today. I need to wait for a wider selection as it's early in the calendar buying season, to get more.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!