Thursday, April 12, 2007

In Passing

Kurt Vonnegut died yesterday. He was 84. I've never read his books (I hate to admit it), but I've always planned to. I guess I should move them closer to the top of the list. A lot of his books are really science fiction, no matter what the publishers called them.

But there was another death, reported in today's NY Daily News, that of 81-year-old actor Roscoe Lee Browne, known primarily for his stage and TV work. He had the most amazing voice this side of James Earl Jones and brought a special brand of dignity to each role he played. I've missed seeing/hearing him on TV the last few years or so and now I know I won't get the chance again.

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:56 PM

    As a young, aspiring writer, I read a few of Vonnegut's books. They were very inspiring because his stuff was so 'out there' and unusual. Very influential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always tried to get to see mr Browne when I could. There were few actors I'd do that for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!