Sunday, October 15, 2006

Nice Day for a Long Walk

FMOct1506 039Felt pretty good today, best in a while. And it was a really nice day, sunny with a brisk, autumn chill, so hubby and I went to Flushing Meadows Corona Park, site of the 1964-65 NY World's Fair. We walked down to the Unisphere and then over to Shea Stadium where we looked at the mound of dirt in the parking lot where the new stadium will be built. I've been wanting to get over to the park to take photos.

This time capsule one is entertaining, the things we all thought would be worth preserving. There was another for the 1939 World's Fair, but I didn't get a photo of that. I like the "irradiated seeds."

Dexter, on Showtime, continues to entertain. It has quickly become must-see tv for me. I even switched from the Mets game to watch it. Hubby kept giving me updates as the Mets scored runs.

This is that weird weather time of year (there's one in the spring, one in the fall) when it's warm enough for a mid-day malted and cool enough at night for a nice, soothing hot chocolate. Yes, I had one of each beverage today.

And to cap the day, the Mets even their playoff series with a 12 - 5 win over the Cardinals. :)

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!