Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Couldn't Care Less

First, the expression is "I couldn't care less." Not "I could care less." If you say the latter, you're saying, "Yes, I could care less if I really tried." Which isn't much of an insult, when you think of it. But when you "couldn't care less," no matter how hard you try, you can't dredge up an iota of caring. Got it? Okay. That's one misunderstood expression that really annoys me when I hear it said wrong.

At the risk of offending someone by naming one of their favorite celebrities or whatever, I offer, in no particular order, my current list of "Things/People I Couldn't Care Less About."
  • Howard Stern
  • Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
  • American Idol
  • Desperate Housewives
  • The Sopranos
  • Lost
  • The Apprentice
  • Donald Trump
  • All the other reality TV shows (or as some critics call them, "unscripted shows."
  • Paris Hilton (Does anyone care about her, anymore?)
There might be others. These are the ones that came immediately to mind.

What about you? Got a list you'd like to share?

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:38 PM

    I'd have figured you for a Sopranos fan. Shows you what little I know...

    Keep the fath... spring is approaching at a snail's pace, but it'll get to you a month before it reaches me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, no Sopranos for me. Hubby loves it. I prefer spies and cops and PIs, oh, my. :)

    Ah, spring. We had it for a few days, then it got cold again today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:47 PM

    I don't care for reality shows, or conversations about them. And celebrities? Could there be a more boring topic? I mean, why do people get all interested in someone's private life, as if that makes them a better/more interesting actor. I might think that my auto mechanic does a great job, but I don't want to find out what diet he's on or how he keeps his skin so young looking.

    And thanks for pointing out the could/couldn't thing ...that's one of those that just bugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, Cybele. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!