Sunday, February 05, 2006

Those Groundhogs Don't Know Nothin'

Forget the groundhogs. The true signs of spring:

Days are getting longer. It is now still light when I leave work at 5 p.m. (Yeeha!)

Pitchers and Catchers report in 10 days!!! Is it a coincidence that P&C is always (well, it can vary a day here and there by team, but still...) February 15th, one day after Valentine's Day? I think not. (I have no idea why that's related. Humor me, okay?)

The rest of the baseball teams report on 2/21, thereabouts.

Football season officially ends with the Super Bowl — TODAY!!! I'm not a big football fan, but this year seemed especially long, mostly because I'm a Jets fan and well, it's just not good for one's mental health to be a Jets fan these days.

So what are your signs of spring?

Feeling:

~~~o0o~~~

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:37 PM

    Several of my crocus' and tulips, and daffodils are coming up, and I have seen several Robin's in the yard repeatedly over the last couple of weeks. Those are my sure signs of spring, but I am worried I am going to lose my Tulips if we get more cold weather. I will be devastated! Stacie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!