Friday, December 09, 2005

A Quirky Meme

...for which we blog about our 5 quirky habits, then tag 5 others after putting the instructions here. I got tagged by Kate of Reading Frenzy, and posted this on Shelly's Book Shelf, then figured I'd also post it here.

1. I like filling out questionnaries and quizzes. I don't always send them in or post the results or whatever, but I like filling them out, especially if they're yes/no, true/false, or multiple choice. I really can't resist those.

2. In a bit of OCD behavior, and the fear of not locking my front door, I turn the key sufficiently that it makes my fingers hurt. Then, if I can't remember if I locked the door, I feel the pain in my fingers and remember that I did lock the door.

3. I hate reading library books or books other people have read. I like my books fresh and when I buy books or magazines, I never take the ones in front or that look pawed over. I take something pristine from behind. Finding what looked like a fossilized bug in a book at the library yesterday just reinforces this feeling. Needless to say, that book was removed from the shelf. Ick.

4. I eat my M&Ms by color. Ever since I was a kid, I'd separate them into colors, or matching pairs. For the pairs, I'd assign "boy" colors and "girl" colors for proper pairings.

5. I have a weird need for symmetry. If I bump my left foot, I have to then bump my right. I can't wear a side part in my hair. It has to be either a middle part or no part.

I don't usually tag folks, just let whoever wants to do it who hasn't go ahead and do it, but I wouldn't mind seeing what Wil, Karen, Carly, Brian, and Cat have to say.

Feeling:

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    Hi,
    Just discovered your Journals, Karen sent me.
    First of all, your journal makes me hungry! ::::sigh::::
    Presto Speaks & this Journal look great. I enjoyed your Profile & got up to #53, will go back later.
    I plan on spending time tonight going through both Journals.
    I also need to find out more info on some kind of alerts & how to add it on mine.
    I am an AOL member but have switched to Blogspot.
    I have to get out & shovel snow! Will be back later~
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie,

    Glad you like the place. I'd say Bloglines for online reading or FeedBlitz for emails are the best way to read blogs. I use Bloglines which I then use to create the blogrolls on my blogs. I have some info re: that on Presto Speaks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:31 PM

    I'll do your tag later. I'm "supposed" to be working. Hah! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:46 AM

    Hi Shelly :)

    Thank you for tagging me. :) I like doing memes. I have posted my 5 quirky things. Come over and take a look when you can. :)

    http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com/2005/12/five-of-carlys-quirky-ways_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:47 PM

    I finally did this. Life is RIDICULOUS. Or maybe that's just my quirk?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!