Saturday, October 01, 2005

Irregular Meming

Got these from Cat.

"We all have people we admire, both people we know personally and "famous" people who have influenced us profoundly.

Who are your top 5 "favorite people"? And not just people you wanna shag (although sometimes that factors in there, too!) but people who have influenced you, made you who you are today, for whom you have utmost and total respect? They can be living or dead. Famous or not. Go!"

Hmmmm.....

1. My mother
2. My father
3. My mother's cousin M. I wanted to be just like her. (I had to have white go-go boots because she had them — it was a '60s thing). She was an independent working woman, a great role model. And she worked in the record business and got me free records.
4. Mr. A, my 9th grade home room teacher who I remained friends with and helped him at the afterschool center where he supervised for a few years until his death when I was a senior in high school.
5. Ms. K, my high school chemistry teacher. From her, I learned to never give up if I didn't understand something.

Of course, no discussion of my favorite people can happen without my mentioning hubby of 20 years and counting, and J, my best friend of 20 years and counting.

You Are Fall Flowers

Beautiful yet often forgotten.



Feeling:

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:50 PM

    I took the fall quiz. It's a little strange, especially the part about me being soon dead. I had planned on living to be 100, now I wish I'd chosen some different answers to the questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, but perhaps you'll be born again in spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:19 AM

    White go-go boots! I always wanted a pair of those.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those boots, wore them all the time. Ruined them by wearing them in the snow, given that they weren't water proof or even water resistent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!