Thursday, October 27, 2005

If You Could Read My Mind

Concert at Westbury tonight: Gordon Lightfoot. It's been years since I've seen him on TV, so seeing him on stage, right in front of me (we were in the first row), was a bit of a shock. He's really aged. But his voice sounds the same. He's still soft spoken and soft, uh, singing and has an aw shucks personality that made me feel we could've been sitting in a supper club or bar and this guy with a guitar just started singing and some other guys started playing guitar and keyboards and drums to join in the fun.

"If You Could Read My Mind"
is one of my favorite songs.

If you could read my mind love
What a tale my thoughts could tell
Just like an old time movie
’bout a ghost from a wishin’ well
In a castle dark or a fortress strong
With chains upon my feet
You know that ghost is me
And I will never be set free
As long as I’m a ghost that you can’t see ...


Feeling:

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:55 AM

    COOL! I've never heard him live in concert, but I would love to for that song. I also adore that song. Glad you had a relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!