Friday, September 23, 2005

Peeved Again

Okay, another concept that eludes a lot of folks these days.

Doorways, Defined

Denotation, The Good Old Days: an access point, an opening with a door that swings or slides or turns to open and close the access point, to allow entrance and exit from a structure, aka a building or perhaps a room.

Connotation, Today: A place to hang out in front of in order to make sure no one can get past or through without bumping someone or saying "Excuse me," which used to be a magic expression that got people to move, but is now mostly ignored.

People of the world, or at least, those of NYC, let's all try to stick with the actual definition, okay? Thank you.

Still Feeling:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 AM

    This is why I moved out of an apartment into a house I can barely afford. I got tired of wading my way through or around a bunch of non-working section 8 junkies who sat outside smoking blunts and selling drugs all day and all night, while living rent free in an apartment my tax money pays for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much trouble here at the appartment building entrance, maybe a few women with baby strollers chatting, or folks hanging around to talk to the doorman, but nearly every store and restaurant I visit is a problem.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!