Saturday, August 27, 2005

New Malted Maker Update

Okay, so technically, it's a Hamilton Beach DrinkMaster. It's only ever going to be be used for making malteds, same as the old one. It arrived yesterday (Friday). The doorman signed for it at 12:33 p.m. I'm still new enough to online ordering to get a thrill tracking my orders across the country via UPS online tracking. But not on the UPS site. No, that's too much work. I subscribe to the feeds for my orders and the info pops into Bloglines for me. Serious coolness. So I know who signed for things when.

The thing weighs a bit less than the old one and the metal container is nice and shiny. The foot of the mixing thingie is plastic, though, not metal like the stalk and the motor makes a different sound, a bit quieter. And the switch moves in the opposite direction. It also has a plug with the uneven prongs now required. The other one was so old, it didn't have that.

So I made the inaugural malted. I might've put a bit too much ice cream in, but it tasted just fine. Looks like the thing's a keeper. I'm saving the old container, though, so I can put one in the dishwasher and have another clean one, rather than having to always wash the thing after using.

Feeling:

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:11 PM

    "...a bit too much ice cream..."????

    I don't understand the meaning of that sentence! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit too much ice cream in the sense that it didn't all blend well with the milk and therefore sat on the bottom and didn't go through the straw. But that's what spoons are for. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!