Monday, March 28, 2005

Eerie Coincidences

There were a few eerie coincidences today. A couple were of the variety so typical for me. I hear a phrase as I'm reading it somewhere. Just a moment ago, I heard a phrase on Stargate SG-1 (SciFi Channel runs episodes all Monday night) just as I was reading it on a message board. It happens a lot, so I've gotten used to it.

But this afternoon, something a bit different happened. I was handling a rather perky hour of reference calls and took a call from the son of a patron. We have two women with the same name. I found the right one, then he told me she had died and we should therefore, cancel her service. I offered my condolences, adjusted the file, and that was that. Two calls later, the other woman with the same name called to say she needed more books. The name, while not unusual, isn't really a common one. In my 13 years at the branch, I don't recall dealing with either of them before. So, what are the odds I'd end up dealing with both within five minutes of each other? I got a bit of a chill.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:49 AM

    Well that certainly is freaky. Yoiks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!