Monday, March 14, 2005

The Day After

I'm not as upset as I was yesterday. Hubby, sweetheart that he is, said it would be worth the money for a motel room in May if it means salvaging my vacation. I feel funny spending money when normally I wouldn't need to, but I said I'll think about it. I'll probably go along with that because I do want to have a good time and be able to bring all my craftwork with me for the art show at the con. I sure don't want all this negative crap hanging over me.

And I realized today that for most of the last 20 years of our friendship, I haven't felt like a guest in my best friend's home. I felt like family. And in the last couple of years with numerous houseguests there, I haven't felt that way. I've felt like a guest and it's been unsettling. Which isn't to say the guest in question doesn't irritate me; she does. But as often is the case, things are never simple. Especially emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!