Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Where Did the Day Go?

Spent a very busy hour on the phones. Had a nice chat with a woman who likes reading literary women authors and was looking for some new ones to try. I love talking to patrons like her: interesting, funny, someone who wants to read something that isn't a typical bestseller. I just wish the phones weren't ringing off the hook so we could really chat.

Started working on a patron handbook, something I've been wanting to do for, oh, the last decade, give or take a couple of years. Finally have a bit of time to get it going.

Spoke to my collaborator tonight. She's one of the friends who got me the same card for Valentine's Day. I told her about that and she laughed. We also discovered we used to eat M&Ms the same way when we were kids. There are many ways to eat them and she also warmed them in her hands to melt the chocolate inside. And she also liked to peel off the outer coat of candy and then eat the chocolate. And she lined them up by colors or by coupled colors. For me, light brown went with yellow, orange went with green, and dark brown went with red. Like they were dating. I also used to lay them out in designs.

Bobby Goldsboro's recording of "Honey" is playing on the satellite radio cable tv station (Beats me what the heck these things are), Solid Gold Olies. If that's not one of the most maudlin songs ever recorded, I don't know what is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!