Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ah, Weekend!

I did my laundry today. Hubby does his laundry and the linens and I do my own clothes because I'm a bit fussy. Okay, a lot fussy. Anyway, no one else used the laundry room the whole time I was down there, so it was like having my own laundry room in my apartment, even though I had to take the elevator down to the basement. I had my bottle of water, the book I'm reading, and a box of tissues (I ended up not needing as many as I'd anticipated). Motherless Brooklyn, by the way, is excellent, so far.

I've heard of specialized blogs, but the Generator Blog beats all I've seen so far. It finds those online generator thingies many (most?) of us love to play with. Found on Very Big Blog. For example, here's one to generate a substitute for the Latin text usually used as a placeholder in website design. I got the following:
Ten years ago a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court
for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum
security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the
government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem and no
one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the
A-team.

Well, ya gotta admit, it's different. Or maybe you'd like to send a DNA-o-Gram. And since my haiku skills are rusty, I found this very helpful. You don't even have to type in anything, just click "retype." Here's one I liked:
wasting time not mine
ambling under our rowboat
sometime very soon

Grow-a-brain posted some nice chocolate links. I like the Rules of Chocolate so much, I'll be adding it to the chocolate section of the sidebar.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 PM

    Thanks for linking to my haiku generator. I'm glad you found it useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Seth,
    Thanks for visiting. :)
    I found the haiku generator useful and fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!