Monday, December 06, 2004

George Carlin Tells it Like it Is

Here's a bit of advice for people going to see comedians in concert. If you're easily offended, don't go see George Carlin, okay? Really. He's gonna talk about things you might not like. It's not just the cursing. Trust me, okay. At least one idiot tonight didn't realize the kind of act George Carlin does, I guess. I don't recall exactly when he started heckling. It might've been during Carlin's discussion on the merits of suicide, a biting bit of social commentary if I've ever heard any. I don't know if Carlin's answer to that was what Mr. Idiot had in mind, which was basically, if you don't like it, fuck yourself or leave. And that, in a nutshell, sums up George Carlin, live on stage, at Westbury Music Fair.

I laughed myself silly. He's 67 years old now (wow, time has flown) and as cranky as ever, maybe moreso. He's one of the few comics who can surprise me these days, unlike his opening act, someone named Dennis Blair who did the obligatory immigrant cabbie jokes and airline security and drunk pilot jokes, ad nauseum. His best line though was really funny, that he was on "Sprint's every other word plan." But Carlin came out with all cylinders firing and never let up for his 90 minutes and what a treat his show was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and have a chocolicious day!